Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
The Way of Council & Community - London
Council is an ancient form and a modern practice that invokes the experience of community, where we listen to everything – people, place, and spirit. The roots of Council are within the natural world, spanning all cultures and beliefs.
The core practice of Council sets a container for empathy and honesty. It provides a way of bearing witness and of peace making and helps cultivate non-hierarchical power. When in Council we step into a timeless space and spirit moves through us. We experience the deep connection to all life.
We will explore:
– History and cross-cultural roots
– Creating special time and place
– Practicing the Four Intentions of Council
– Sharing our personal stories along side those of the community to deepen the art of listening and speaking from the heart
– Various forms of Council – spiral, fish bowl, dyad and more
– Developing the basic ingredients for leading/carrying Council in your own community and field of work
We will learn:
– Council as a personal practice and a group/community process
– A way and path to reconciliation, visioning, decision-making and healing
– To shift from hierarchical power structures to a mode in which initiative, responsibility and leadership are shared
– To a reach consensus through heart centered awareness
– How Council serves our community, ourselves and the world
When: September 29th at 6pm – October 1st at 5pm
Where: Copper Lane Hall, Copper Lane, Stoke Newington, London N16 9NG
Cost: £185, (including £85 deposit, non refundable deposit)
To enquire or enrol please contact pippa [at] ancienthealingways.co.uk.
Organised & facilitated by: Pippa Bondy